When you engage others in positive conflict, you are telling them that he/she is important enough for you to invest some energy in improving the relationship, by challenging the sore points in it.
You are making others a big compliment by having a positive conflict with them!
Conflict is positive when it:
- Results in clarification of important problems and issues
- Results in solutions to individual or common problems
- Involves people together in resolving issues important to them
- Causes authentic communication
- Helps in working through emotion, anxiety, and stress
- Builds cooperation among people through learning the reciprocal limits about each other
- Helps individuals develop understanding of other\'s positions and interpersonal skills.
- Provides recognition of each Other\'s humanity.
So, you need to learn how to do conflict in a positive way, RIGHT?